Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 3!

Hello rain. You made me wet.

Hrm, yeah, it was a dark and horribly rainy day today. That kind of day when all you feel like doing is snuggle under blankets and drink all the tea in the world. But I had too much to do!
School went by in a rush, and back home I went to work with todays Scrap:

"Make something out of paper, without the use of glue or scissors"


This one was A LOT harder than I thought it would be.
"Okey, so I'll just wrap stuff and make something randomly, piece of cake etc."

Nope. Big nope.
First of all, any paper i have in my possession is hard drawing paper, so those were a no go. So, I had to re-invent my idea, and realized I had old catalogs laying around somewhere.
It took me hours, many frustrating folding attempts and tearing of truckloads of pages, before I had any idea of what I was doing.
Yeah, this is the mess I am left with.

I had a vision of a big collage of beautiful colors, neatly wrapped together. But damn, making 5-10 sheets of glossy paper stay together was practically impossible.
My temper flared and I pulled my hair in frustration.
There were green tufts of hair everywhere!



But after some trying and swearing, I thought, take it easy, nobody cares if you start out small. Next time something like this shows up, at least I know the materials and I know what is needed to make certain things work.
I guess that's my lesson for today; It's not always only about learning a special technique to make things, but to learn how materials feel, how they bend and break. Keep your enemies close, ya know?

So, to the finished little scrap:

Tadaaa!

 A three-layer paper-bracelet.

As a bracelet it's awesome; Lightweight, flexible and airy.
But yeh, the "can't get it wet part" I guess is a downside. But you could probably cover it in resin if you'd like? Or maybe just slap a layer of lacquer over it.
Anyway, Day 3; i am done with you! Now i just have to clean up aaaall the paper pieces. Damn.

/Kaff

No comments:

Post a Comment