Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pre-Scraps!

On a whim...

...I picked up an interesting-looking book at the local bookstore. "Kreativitetskalendern; 365 sätt att förändra ditt liv." (In english it's called "365: A Daily Creativity Journal")

Eyeing through it I realized this was an amazing find!
Which artist hasn't tried the 30 day drawing-challenge and gotten bored after a few days, or thought "what the hell, I can't draw feet/hands/animals etc"?
This book put it all in such an interesting way. It gives you a way to really challenge yourself, and at the same time reassures you every step of the way. It addresses every issue you come upon when trying to do a challenge;

  • The very exciting start
  • The days when you have no inspiration at all
  • And the fear of finishing (or not finishing) what you set out to do.

The author, Noah Scalin, tells you about his own yearlong challenges, his ups and downs through-out the process and other people who has fulfilled their own kinds of projects.
Check him out, he has done very interesting things.

But! Now on to my own challenge!

My first day was today, but I will start the posting of my projects tomorrow, since I wanted this to be an introduction of myself, as well as the idea itself.

This is me. Usually.
I'm a 24 year old artist, currently in school, preparing for University classes. I live in Sweden, with my boyfriend of 8 years and our two monster-cats. Every part of my day I think about creating things. Which I guess makes me seem generally spacey. But I don't mind.
Creating to me is not about knowledge, everyone can be creative in their own ways, and I hope to show off a bunch of ways and at least inspire one person to try something new. You live once, go ahead, do stupid shit! Because who knows, that might be the shit you're good at.
But yeah, that's all about me. Let's get on to some Daily Scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment